Privacy Notice and Consent pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 and EU Regulation 2016/679.
Pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 and Regulation 679 of 2016, as Data Controller, Fondazione Università Ca’ Foscari is required to provide you with specific information regarding the purposes and methods of processing your data, the subjects to whom they may be communicated, and the rights enjoyed by you, the Data Subject, in relation to the management of your personal data.
The personal information we collect.
In order to provide you with our products and/or services and to meet your requests (information, offers, updates, etc. ..) our Foundation needs to collect some of your personal data.
For example, such data may refer to personal data, addresses and reference names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, tax code, VAT number, and bank data. The data may also be collected and archived relating to offers issued (even if not accepted), contracts entered into, as well as any general information relating to your person or organisation and activities (activities performed, services provided, etc.).
Purposes – why we collect your data.
Your personal data are collected and processed for the following purposes:
- to meet your present and future requests for information on our products and/or services and, in general, for any request prior to defining a specific contract;
- to fulfil the obligations and carry out the operations provided for in the contracts already signed (supply of services, management of receipts, payments, etc.) and which may be signed in the future;
- to perform administrative, fiscal and accounting obligations and fulfilments deriving from the contracts stipulated, from current legislation, regulations and EU legislation, and from provisions issued by authorities and supervisory and control bodies (e.g., inspections by the Tax Authority).
For the purposes expressed above, your consent is not necessary because data processing is carried out to “perform obligations arising from a contract to which the data subject is a party, or to fulfil – before contract conclusion – specific requests of the data subject concerned”, and to “fulfil a legal obligation, regulation or EU legislation”.
The data will be processed both manually and electronically using electronic instruments, and stored both on computer media, on paper, and on any other type of suitable medium, in compliance with the minimum security measures under the Technical Regulations on minimum security measures, Annex B, and may be stored even after the conclusion of the contract for the completion of all the requirements related to, or arising from, the conclusion of the same.
Nature of data provision.
The provision of your personal data is optional however refusal to provide them will make it impossible for Fondazione Università Ca’ Foscari to process your requests, as set forth in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of the paragraph above “Purposes”.
The provision of data is mandatory in order to fulfil the legal obligations for the purposes indicated in the points above.
Scope of communication and dissemination – who can access your personal data.
Your personal data may be disclosed to our employees and collaborators in their capacity as data processors and/or persons in charge of processing personal data, solely in relation to the tasks they perform and the purposes stated above.
Also, some specific categories of persons external to our Foundation may become aware of your personal data, as external Data Processors, always for purposes connected with fulfilling the obligations deriving from the contracts stipulated with you or with the obligations provided for by laws, regulations, etc. These categories include, for example:
- accounting firms, centres processing administrative and accounting data in relation to keeping company records, financial statements, accounting processing, etc.;
- credit institutions for managing collections and payments, financial institutions, insurance companies;
- hardware and software maintenance companies, according to the necessary maintenance and/or improvements to our infrastructure.
Your personal data may also be communicated to:
- public bodies that fulfil the obligations provided for by laws and/or regulations;
- external subjects that carry out functions regarding contract performance (e.g. catering);
Your personal data may also be disclosed to organisations having the right to access the data as granted by law or regulation (e.g., supervisory authorities etc.).
Transfer of personal data
Your data may be transferred to Member States of the European Union and to third countries outside the European Union for organizational reasons.
Existence of automated decision-making process, including profiling.
Fondazione Università Ca’ Foscari does not adopt any automated decision-making process, including profiling, as referred to in Article 22 paragraphs (1) and (4) of EU Regulation No. 679/2016.
At any time, pursuant to Art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 and Articles 15 to 22 of EU Regulation No. 2016/679, you may exercise the right to:
- ask for confirmation of the existence or otherwise of your personal data;
- obtain information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been, or will be communicated, and, where possible, the period of retention;
- obtain the rectification and erasure of data;
- obtain processing limitation;
- obtain the portability of the data, i.e. receive it from a Data Controller in a structured format, in common use and readable by an automatic device, and transmit it without hindrance to another Data Controller;
- oppose the processing at any time, also in the case of processing for direct-marketing purposes;
- oppose automated decision-making regarding physical persons, including profiling;
- request the Data Controller to access and rectify or erase personal data, or to restrict the processing of such data, or to object to their processing, in addition to the right to data portability;
- withdraw your consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on consent given prior to the withdrawal;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You can exercise your rights by sending a written request to Fondazione Università Ca’ Foscari at the postal address of the registered office, or to the e-mail address email@example.com
The Data Controller of your personal data is Fondazione Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia, Dorsoduro, 3246 – 30123 Venice, Italy
The Data Processor responsible for processing your personal data is Consuelo Puricelli, who, for the purposes of this Regulation, has the following address – Tel. +39 0412346983 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I, the undersigned, as identified below, declare I have received full information pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 and EU Regulation 679/2016, and consent to the processing and communication of my personal data as defined by the aforementioned decree and regulation, with particular regard to the so-called ‘sensitive data’ within the limits, for the purposes, and for the duration specified in the Privacy Notice.